AMI Assistants Certificate 6-12
The prepared environment for the second plane • The elementary teacher • The materials • Other adults (assistant, experts)
The AMI Assistants Certificate Elementary 6-12 course provides an opportunity to learn and practice Montessori education approach. From this course, students have more opportunities to understand the characteristics of children in the development plane of 6-12, and lay the foundation for better helping the 6-12-year-old children to maximize their potential.
1. Introduction to Montessori.
2. Introduction to Montessori’s theory of human development • Needs and tendencies • Self construction • Four planes of development • Characteristics of child in second plane.
3. The prepared environment for the second plane • The elementary teacher • The materials • Other adults (assistant, experts).
4. The plan for the elementary child • Cosmic education • The pedagogical techniques (examples of lessons may be included) • Role of teacher (transmitter of knowledge, inspiration) • Class composition (mixed ages, sufficient children) • Story telling/oral introductions (Great Stories/ other stories) • Content knowledge (key lessons) • Sensorial/imaginative presentations, leading to abstraction • Develop imagination, leading to creativity • Awareness of necessity for social/moral development • Going Out (implementing the child’s self construction) • Other adults (there is more outside the classroom).
5. Freedom and responsibility • Freedom as applied to child in elementary environment • Responsibility as applied to child in elementary environment.
6. Interacting with the elementary child • Manner of speaking to a child • Appropriate direction for a child • Manner of redirecting child.
7. Assisting the trained teacher • Have regular meetings with the teacher • Observation of the children that supports the work of the teacher/child • Maintenance of the environment • Ordering supplies • Accompanying children on Going Outs • Role Model for appropriate classroom behaviours (language, movement, activity) • Maintain confidentiality.
The Assessment and Completion
A. Completion of all course content and assigned observation task.
B. Attendance rate: A minimum of 90% Attendance is required.
C. Assignments: Submission of three papers (500 words each) on topics set by the Trainer/Auxiliary Trainer, to be submitted and meet the requirements by a date stipulated by the training center.
Students who have completed the course will receive the Certificate of AMI 6-12 Assistants Course.
The total course fee is RMB7,600 (among which RMB1,000 is a non-refundable deposit for application ).
1. Scanning copy for ID card /Passport
2. Two-inch ID photo
3. Scanning cope for graduation certificate
4.Scanning copy of the application form
Progress Of Previous Training：
Phase I 2016, closed (September 12-23, 2016)
Phase II 2017, closed (May 1-12, 2017)
Phase III 2018, closed (January 15-26, 2018)
Phase Ⅳ2019, closed (November 18-29, 2018)
Phase Ⅴ 2020，closed (November 18-29, 2018)
Phase Ⅵ 2021，Registering (November 8-26, 2021)